Ankita and Jatin are having the first traditional Indian wedding ceremony in Ames. I am very honored that Ankita chose me to take part of her special day. When I first met Ankita she showed me a sketch of a 5 tiered cake that was going to be white buttercream with scrolls in various parts of the cake. However, she then found the very pretty pillow wedding cake from Cake Lava that was shown on MSN as an amazing wedding cake. I then took that cake and used it as inpiration for Ankita's. Her colors were turquoise, lime green, and reddish orange. I wanted this cake to be very elegant and ornate with lots of gold piping and gumpaste molds.
This is what I came up with. The cake tiers are Italian cream with fresh raspberries, Red velvet with pinapples, Italian cream with strawberries, my yummy chocolate cake with strawberries, and the bottom tier is chocolate with pineapples. I also did a back-up sheet cake that was my darn good chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and covered with chocolate ganache.