It's been a very long time so I thought I would update everyone.
The reason why I've been cutting back on my cake work, appointments, taking extra time to respond to emails and phone calls is that.......
I'm 11 weeks pregnant and everything is looking great! I've had two previous miscarriages within the past year so I've been doing everything I can to have a very healthy pregnancy. Sometimes, this can interfere with my cake decorating obsession. I've had to turn away several orders, cancel some, and just take the time needed for myself.
This is why I won't be taking any orders for the month of March or April since I'm due at the end of March.
Also, I'm cutting back to just about 2 to 3 cake orders a month. This may not sound like a lot to some, but when it takes time away from my family, it's a lot to me. Plus, I'm going to have to prepare for when I have a second little one around.