Monday, December 17, 2007

Cakes for this week

I have 3 cakes due this week. One is for my son's daycare Christmas party. He wanted it to be Santa so Santa it is. I baked a 1/2 sheet cake and carked it in an outline of Santa. Second one is a Christmas themed cake for a co-worker. His wife loved my Christmas one from last year that had a red bow and holly around it. I'm changing it up a bit for him though. Third, and most important, is the one for the memorial service for a fallen DMPD officer that died in the line of duty in a car wreck this year. I have the honor of baking a cake for the service. This one will be a 1/2 sheet cake with a 9 in round cake on top carved in the shape of a DMPD uniform hat. I'll also have a replica of the officers hat shield with his badge number on it. I seriously want that one to turn out perfect. Stay tuned for the results!

No comments: